Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Trees

On our walk this morning, we saw the dog trainer walking her trainee by the cedar tree and kids playing in the huge live oaks. The cedar is probably the most photographed tree on the island but the live oaks give it character.

There must be some basic instinct that makes us gravitate to trees. They offer entertainment, protection, shelter, comfort. No wonder the druids and other sects worshiped them.










I think I could take off my clothes and paint myself blue without too much encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. Okay. Now I'm scared. Are you sure you aren't a strange person?? Reference earlier blog on being strange vs. being normal. . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.k. Might make you feel better. Let me know if it does, and save me some blue paint.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!