Sunday, June 13, 2010

OLD SONGS

I guess because there are so many older and retired people living on the island, the radio station here plays old songs. Not just golden oldies from the 70s, 80s or 90s. I'm talking about from the 20s-30s on up.

"Over the Rainbow," "Begin the Beguine," "Stardust," "Java Jive," "Rum and Coca Cola," "Sentimental Journey," "Blueberry Hill," "A Kiss to Build a Dream On," "Brokenhearted Melody," and the list goes on and on.

I love them all! And since my WIP is set fifty years ago, listening to it helps set the mood.

And they do slip in some classical stuff occasionally, but that's okay. I like it, too!

1 comment:

  1. My dad used to get the free cassettes of oldies from gas stations. I still remember singing along to "Dream" by the Everly Brothers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!