Friday, June 11, 2010

Rejection

I got rejected again yesterday.

This rejection was for a manuscript I really loved but the agent didn't and I understand. She loved my humorous mystery and tried really hard to sell it, but can't feel the same about this one.

So now I'm going to have to find an agent who loves this one as much as I do. You'd think as many rejections as I've had, another one wouldn't hit me so hard. But the last one is as bad as the first.

My sweet fellow took me out to dinner and stopped by the candy shop for fudge.

I gave myself a pep talk at bedtime. Today I'm back at work. Guess if you write, that's what you do.

3 comments:

  1. Rejections are knives to the heart, esp for beloved projects.

    Nothing to do but keep on keeping on, and rejoice you had an agent. You will find another who loves the book, I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book. I loved the first draft, and I love this one. I would love to have a copy to put on my shelf with my other favorites, which I reread at least every other year.

    Hang in there. How many rejections did JK Rowling get again?? I know there were hundreds.

    Buck up. Someone will get a clue someday. Probably when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you, but I am learning through my BETA readers that in my case my MS is far from ready. So it's actuallya good thing no one wants me at this point.

    I am sure you are in a compeletly diff boat though. Good luck friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!