Thursday, June 24, 2010

DEATH OF A YOUNG MAN

It's true. Someone told me but I didn't really believe it until I saw the death notice today.

A friend's son - her youngest, her baby - died. He was only 27. I remember when I first met him. He was a sweet little boy you couldn't help smiling at.

Children grow up and sometimes lose their way. Despite all the efforts of his mother and the others who loved him, he did. Maybe he was close to finding his path again but now we'll never know.

It's a hard world out there today. If you have children, realize that at any point they can be taken away without warning. So protect them as best you can and forgive them when they don't behave the way you want them to. And love them always.

In the end, when it's all said and done, that love is all that matters. And when grief is overwhelming, that love is all we have to cling to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!