Sunday, April 1, 2012

THE LUCKY 7 MEME AWARD

 
 
I recently received this award from fellow MuseItUp author Penny Ehrenkranz who blogs at http://pennylockwoodehrenkranz.blogspot.com/2012/03/lucky-7-meme-award.html#comment-form
 
I don't really think this is an award. I think it's kind of like, tag seven more unsuspecting people or your cats will die, your car won't start, and that yellow stuff floating around in the air will surround you forever.
 
So as not to have any of this happen, I must follow the directions:
 
1. Go to page 77 of your current manuscript.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy the next 7 sentences exactly how they're written. No cheating!
4. Tag 7 other writers to pass this meme on to.

So here's the excerpt from page 77 of my manuscript:
 
If he’d only listen, he could have Norma eating out of his hand.”
Autumn grinned. "If I recall, your advice didn't work out so well for Tyler and Abe and Jamie. Oh, and I forgot Will."
Laney flapped a hand. “They were different. No, I mean it, Autumn, hang around till she breaks up with him and then move in.
 
So now I have to tag seven more bloggers, eh? Not sure I know that many writers, and I see some of them I know have already been tagged, but here goes.
 
 
Congrats folks! You've been tagged!

5 comments:

  1. What an interesting excerpt! So does Autumn get the guy? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. Actually, they're talking about her friend's sister's boyfriend. The sister is notorious for dumping a man after a few months and won't take Laney's advice on how to keep her. So Laney's offering him to Autumn.

      But Autumn has her eye on someone else entirely.

      Delete
  2. I shall have to come in and do this again tomorrow!

    My MS is all divided up into chapters in seperate files, so finding page 77 is a bit harder at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see, I'll answer this as such here:

    Malach smiled. “Splendid. See you later.” I’m on my way.

    He ended the call, replacing the phone, finishing the tea. Leaving a decent tip, he paid his bill, smiling pleasantly at the waitress as he left, and walked out towards the waiting Land Rover. One part of the operation was done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad. Leaves us wondering what operation!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!