Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DIETS

I'm on a diet. I put on ten pounds when we were up in the lake house and now I'm trying to get it off.

So today a friend and I went to lunch at Iguana's here on the island, best known for their wonderful Georgia shrimp that they've won contests for. (She paid for me by the way, because she's so glad I'm back, which I had no intention of her doing, but she's a sweetie and I can't tell her no.)

First thing the server says is, "We have free soft ice cream inside now. Get a cone after lunch."

Huh! And me on a diet? "No," I said firmly. "I won't."

My friend cajoled, but she's a friend so she didn't cajole long. Maybe ten minutes. Seemed longer that I had to fight but...

So I had the shrimp with a baked potato and slaw. Okay, I did have butter and sour cream. And I guess that was tartar sauce I was dipping the shrimp in.

But it was their lunch portion. It wasn't too bad. Maybe.

Anyway, I stuck to my plan. No ice cream. Though I had to keep thinking, ten pounds to lose, ten pounds to lose, to keep from caving.

She had a big bowl of the vanilla/chocolate swirl.

I'm trying to figure out how to talk my guy into taking me back tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, man. Diets are hard. For the moment, I'm happy because I don't have to try to lose weight (though the weight gain is freaking me out, too. Eep! But it's for the baby, right?) But I know that postpartum, I'll have to watch what I eat, if I ever want to lose the pregnancy pounds. Ugh. Not looking forward to that at all.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby fat's different. You need to nourish the baby. But you're right; afterward you still have to lose it.

      Darn it.

      Delete
  2. I get in lots of exercise, so I don't gain much of any weight. And I think I've got my dad's metabolism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genes count. Darn it. My parents and grandparents were all stocky people.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!