Tuesday, April 24, 2012

HOUSE UNDER CONTRACT!!!

After a year, we have our house under contract. Yeah, it was finalized on Friday the thirteenth and yeah, there are some details to be worked out.

But...

Things are going okay and we're hopeful of a closing next month. So we're going up to pack some books, and other odds and ends, and to bring some things down here. Winter clothes, canned goods, suitcases, files, stuff like that. We also have to go through and do away with stuff we don't need. We've done this once but in the year we've lived up there, we've added more stuff, lots of which we don't need.

Have you ever noticed how much we accumulate? And how much of it we seldom use or how much we get tired of right away? We tried to be good, we really did. But it didn't work out.

I'm glad someone wants to buy our house. Much as I've loved it and the lake, it's time to leave. But this moving is the pits.

Wish someone else could pick out what we need to keep and what we need to throw away. And then move it and throw it away! I bet we'd never know what got thrown out.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move! I hate moving. And yep, things do accumulate. It seems like every time we move, we have more and more stuff to pack and throw away. I'm hoping I don't have to move for a very, very loooong time. I like where we live right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohoo!! That's great! Moving is the worst, though. And packing. And labelling - or, in my case, forgetting to label. Ha. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't have to move either, Cherie! And yes, I forget to label, too, Jennie. Thanks, William!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!