Monday, January 17, 2011

Night Bird

Woke up last night to hear it raining. Such a nice sound on the roof.

Then I heard a night bird right outside the window going, "Twee-ee-ee-ble. Twee-ee-ee-ble."

At first I felt sorry for it, picturing it under a bush with rain coming off its tiny head. But it keep tweebling and I couldn't get back to sleep.

I got up to go to the bathroom and had to dislodge one of the cats. "Twee-ee-snort."

Yep, it was the boy cat. Must have had a stopped up nose 'cause he sure snored funny.

2 comments:

  1. Rain and cats, forces of nature with naught a care for our sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story. I hate to think of what noises I make when deeply asleep. I know my Lhasa Apso, Harper Lee, snores sometimes. She also runs and jumps in her sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!