Saturday, February 1, 2014

CATS AND ALARM CLOCKS

I had an early appointment yesterday that meant setting my alarm early. The cats came staggering out, wondering what was going on. But, game little things they are, they waited patiently to see if I intended to put out food or if they needed to go back to bed.

So this morning, guess who forgot to turn off the alarm. This time, there was no staggering out. This time cats rushed into the bedroom with strident demands for food. "Meow-eat! Meow-eat! Me-now!"

When I fumbled with the alarm and tried to go back to sleep, one got up in the bed  and stared.


The other one--it's hard for him to climb up in our high bed--mewled piteously while pacing around the room.

I really need to check that alarm so it won't go off tomorrow.


8 comments:

  1. They expect food now! Not after the snooze alarm goes off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Heaven forbid the critters should have to wait!

      Delete
  3. They've all swallowed alarm clocks so yours won't be necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's about what's happened. It's taken a few days to get them back on schedule sleeping in.

      Delete
  4. Smart little guys aren't they? Every day I have to feed my 4 darlings before going to work. They're all confused on weekends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, mine don't appreciate my sleeping in!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!