Monday, January 27, 2014

WALK

The temperature climbed up into the sixties today and for the first time in a while, we felt like getting out. So we took a neighborhood walk and enjoyed the weather.

Along a sun-dappled road, different yards held cars, and a couple of bumper stickers caught my eye.

The first made me realize I may be one of those people out of the loop! I have been called a nut before.



The second made me think. And then laugh. Of course, I wonder how long it will be true.


A great idea for a story, isn't it? I can see the burly detective accosting the bespectacled author bent over his computer at a Starbucks. "Sorry, sir, but what you're doing is illegal."

"But I'm just writing my grocery list!"

"Ah. But you're also thinking about what to buy. I know you're about to add broccoli on there."

Scary!

4 comments:

  1. Our Prime Minister would probably love to pass a law forbidding thinking... in favour of obeying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a good story idea!

    (And we creative types are often labeled "nuts.")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 'nuts' are always creative, aren't we? At least that's what I keep telling myself!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!