Saturday, January 18, 2014

OLD TOWN

I am still having problems with this idiotic program. I had to diddle with every button on my blog to finally find a way to get in. For techie ignoramuses (ignoramusi??) like me, it's torture!

Anyway, I wanted to post some photos I sent to the guy working on my new light mystery cover.

We went over to Old Town on the mainland, where there are lots of old houses. Some are renovated and spiffy but some, sadly, are falling down. Anyway,my guy snapped away to his heart's content. Many of the houses he photographed weren't suitable for a cover, lovely as they were, but three were kind of what we needed. He's worked on them to take out power lines and cars, naturally.





The interesting part came later, when I read the crime blotter in the paper. Evidently, the same day we were walking around taking pictures, police arrested a man wandering naked in that part of town. I don't think he was taking pictures.

Come to think of it, I don't know what he was doing! It was a fairly warm day but...



6 comments:

  1. Walking around naked? He must have been airing out the boys.

    Those are lovely houses... any of them would do, and it's hard to pick a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad y'all didn't get a picture of the naked guy. He'd have lent some atmosphere to the old houses. They are beautiful so maybe he would have sort of balanced them. Which one did you choose for your cover?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I know what you mean about being a non-techie. I always plan to have pictures with my blogs but sometimes it's just not worth 5 hours to get a picture posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did fine until the past couple of weeks. Then blogger/blogspot just doesn't want to let me sign in!

      Delete
  4. Airing out the boys???

    What lovely old houses! They really don't make 'em like that any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. What's so sad is that our town has loads of houses like this. A few have been renovated, a lot haven't, and some are flat falling down.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!