Saturday, August 25, 2012

WEST NILE VIRUS

We have West Nile virus on our little paradise island. And it's close to us.

Every morning when we walk to the Village, we go by the park where mosquitoes were found bearing...yes, the dreaded virus.

Now I'm indecisive. Do we continue to walk and hope we don't get bit? Do we stop walking and gain weight? Do we walk but avoid the park area, thus adding far too much distance for my comfort? Do we spray with OFF (which I'm convinced I'm allergic to) and hope for the best? Do we walk only at the times mosquitoes won't be out? And if so, what times are these, pray tell?

Oh my. What to do.

Can you tell I'm freaking out?

4 comments:

  1. How do you feel about Cutter Spray? There is an odorless one. Buy a couple of cases of it and keep walking. If you stop, you die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odorless, eh? I'll try it. Used OFF very lightly yesterday. Braved it without anything today.

      You forgot another threat: stop walking and gain weight! So the incentive's there. It's just that even with spray I want to scratch and scratch and scratch and...

      Delete
  2. There are some other alternatives to OFF... hopefully something works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! If you don't hear from me for a while...guess you know what happened!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!