Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DRAGONVALE

All right, I admit it. I'm hooked.

I don't usually play computer games, but I do keep Bejeweled and Angry Birds and a couple more on my phone to entertain young relatives.

One of them earnestly insisted I install Dragonvale. Actually, I think it went like this:

"You should put Dragonvale on your phone."
"You think so?"
"Yes. Then I can give you gifts."
"Gifts?"
"Yes. All you have to do is download the app."
"I don't know how."
"I do. Give me your password."

And presto, I got Dragonvale. The 'gifts' turn out to be 'gems' needed to purchase dragons and other stuff. Also turns out I can give her gifts, too. She even showed me how to play.

"Here's some money." Punch. Points are added to the money supply.
"We'd better buy you a food center." Punch. A little house is added on the screen.
The market also sells habitats, buildings, decorations, dragon eggs...All so you can build your own little dragon world.

And sometimes it leads you to buy stuff with real money. I pointed this out.

The blithe response from the knowledgeable nine-year-old. "Oh, don't worry about that. When it says to put in your password, just cancel it."

You get the picture.

Anyway, I can't stop playing. But I do have to give out gifts every twenty-four hours, right? I'm not addicted. Really I'm not. Why would a grown woman be addicted to building a kingdom of fire dragons and rainbow dragons and earth dragons and...

11 comments:

  1. I need the name of your consultant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'd probably charge for her services!

      Delete
  2. And this is why I stay away from computer games! Much too addicting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually shun them, too. Unfortunately, visitors insisting, me trying to be polite...Well, there you go!

      Delete
  3. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post's to be precisely what I'm looking for.
    Do you offer guest writers to write content in your case?
    I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome web log!

    My blog post :: Free Jail Break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. No, these are strictly my own opinions, quandaries, and indecisions. I'm computer illiterate and am lucky to get my own thoughts in here!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remarkable issues here. I'm very happy to see your article. Thanks a lot and I am looking ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

    Feel free to surf to my blog; Password Finder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
    I'll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll certainly return.


    Look at my blog post; rar pass cracker

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've recently started a site, the info you offer on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. "The inner fire is the most important thing mankind possesses." by Edith Sodergran.

    my web site; linkbucks

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is in reality a nice and useful piece of information.
    I am satisfied that you just shared this useful info with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.


    Also visit my homepage; mass sender

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!