Friday, August 17, 2012

TIME OFF

I'm tired. After several weeks of unexpected deaths overwhelming us, expected friends and relatives visiting us, and expected-but-not-sure-when edits coming in, I'm ready to take time off.

I wasn't meant for this merry-go-round of upsets and out-of-ordinary events. I like my life to be ordered, predictable, laidback. Unexciting.

So now that our last visitors have gone home, I find I miss the two eight-year-olds chattering and running through the condo.

Even the cats, who pretended to hate being brushed and petted and oohed over by strange little people, seem to miss them. The girl cat shows no interest in the tennis players outside the window at all, and she's usually right there watching the ball go back and forth. The boy cat sits in the kitchen and meows for food because he's used to having little hands catering to him.

It's very quiet here now. Guess I'll work on those edits.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Girl: It's always so quiet when they leave....Abby actually gets despondent. My daughter was here for only four days and Abby's been weird ever since last week. I think she misses the attention. As for me, I slept for two days. I was a pretty good tour guide for awhile though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like me! I come up with enough energy to get me through then...splat!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes the quiet is more than welcome... other times, we need the noise. I`m sure the cats will be back to themselves soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. It's always welcome when everyone first leaves. Then I get to pining! And the girl cat actually seems miffed because no one's around to chase her down and brush her! Spoiled thing.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!