Saturday, October 3, 2015

FIRST FRIDAY

Each month, the Downtown Development Authority has an event on the first Friday of each month to encourage people to come to the older section of town. Shops stay open late. Some offer refreshments or other entertainment to people wandering by. Musicians play, restaurants offer samples, and there are crafts or other things for kids.

On last night's First Friday, people were encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes. We were there early and left as the crowds began to gather, but there were still things to see.

The kiddy corner held the play castles. We watched them being blown up.


And here is a cute little ladybug with her mom, ready to start having fun.


This exotic beauty handed out samples of fireball shots (some kind of liquor with coffee) outside The Southern Table and Bar. The woman on the right had just drunk one. The one on the left was about to take one. I haven't tried this restaurant but it's on my to-do list!


Here are people wandering on the sidewalk by one of the squares. The table on the left, if I remember correctly, was giving out literature on a no-kill animal shelter.


Across the street, at another square beside the restaurant Tipsy McSway's, a band played jazz.


This is the front part of that square. I didn't realize it at the time, but the bending woman on the right, was trying to get a response from a man who'd been listening to the music. Evidently, she had noticed him having problems.
.

The response was quick, within a few minutes. Here you can see the yellow emergency vehicle over the bushes.


I don't know the outcome but I hope it was good. Other than that, we enjoyed the outing!

6 comments:

  1. The jazz band would appeal to me. Hopefully the fellow's okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jazz was great! Don't know about the guy.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They were so cute I wanted to go in one!

      Delete
  3. You live in a wonderful place.
    I hope the music listener is fine by now. I think the police or response team were near by. Just in case.
    I hope your eyes are doing better.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope he's all right, too! Never heard anything more!

    And thank you for the good wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!