Sunday, December 22, 2013

WEATHER

Doesn't seem like Christmas here on the island. We had a couple of cold snaps, but currently it's 73 degrees and a beautiful sunny day. That's supposed to change tomorrow. Rain and cooling off. Christmas Eve low will be  (shudder) 38 while Christmas Day will be 50 for the high!

But it seems I have some bright spots in the yard. Thank you, former owner! Below is the Christmas cactus, blooming despite my attempts to kill it this summer.




And in a secluded corner is a poinsettia. Flowered all by itself without my doing a thing, thank goodness. I'm not known for my green thumb. I always thought you had to put them in a dark closet and mutter incantations to make them turn red. Guess not.


Here's a blossom close-up.



And here's the whole bush.


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely shots!

    Here we're buried in snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 73 degrees? I could get on board with a 73-degree Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it's cooler now. Fifty-six at the moment which is going to be the high for the day. But by Sunday, it will be back in the seventies!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!