Monday, November 11, 2013

VETERANS DAY

Every Veterans Day I marvel at the sacrifice so many men and women have made for this country. From the French and Indians Wars, while we were still colonies, to today's wars in the Middle East, our people have fought and died--are still fighting and dying.

Some restaurants are giving free meals and some stores are giving discounts to veterans and others in the military. They deserve it.

The rest of us can only add our thanks and try to show our appreciation in other ways.

Happy Veterans Day!

4 comments:

  1. I was going to do a Veteran's Day post, but I'm not sure I have anything to add that hasn't already been done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. And repetition makes their service seem trivial, which it certainly isn't!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!