Sunday, April 28, 2013

I HATE CLEANING HOUSE

Always have and always will.

So we bought a house and guess what that means. Cleaning. Yep, it isn't brand spanking new but was reasonably clean. Still, when I move into a place I want to make sure it's absolutely sparkling. That way I know it's my dirt I'm diving into when I do regular cleaning.

So instead of being down in the Village -- where the sequel to the movie The Anchorman is being filmed -- and gawking with the other locals, I've been stuck inside a newly painted house.

I can't complain too much. My guy has been working like a peon ever since we closed last month, supervising the roofers, the tilers, the carpeters, the floorlayers, the painters...He helped paint, too, and now he's doing some stuff we didn't have painted and later decided needed painting, like the insides of drawers and cabinets that looked good but were the wrong color.

Oh, and he's been moving stuff out of our storage unit, too.

While I've been scrubbing bathroom toilets, tubs, tiles and a shower that wanted to keep its stains. And scouring closet shelves and the refrigerator, after dusting bookshelves and putting away all the books brought from storage. I still have the microwave and the range to clean, along with a metal rack to hang pots and pans. And that reminds me, the ceiling fans must be dusty... Ughhhh.

So far, the cats aren't helping. They've been barfing up hairballs because we've been leaving them alone and won't tell them what's going on. So not only am I polishing up the new place, I'm having to pick up after them at the old place.

If you haven't caught on by now, I'm pretty annoyed. I want to catch a glimpse of some real Hollywood actors! I want to see lights, camera, action! And I really really want to see the end of this housecleaning morass I've been dragged kicking and screaming into!

6 comments:

  1. That's what I always hated about moving. If I could have someone else do it all for me, I'd move twice a year.

    The last time we moved, a former friend showed up only an hour or so after we unloaded the trailer containing everything from our storage locker. I told her it wasn't a good time. She didn't take the hint. She pushed past me and pulled up a chair in the sea of boxes in my dining room and got annoyed when I didn't stop what I was doing (unpacking) to visit with her.

    I finally got enough. Haven't seen or heard from her since. That was seven years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How terrible! But I don't think her friendship was any loss. We haven't had that kind of problem, thank goodness. Just the usual "moving all the small stuff ourselves and letting someone else do the big stuff" problems. Which means we've been going back and forth for the past six weeks carrying things from one place to another! And sometimes back!

      Delete
  2. Cats coughing up hairballs.... quite a combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's better than cats coughing up socks or socket wrenches!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!