Thursday, April 25, 2013

READING CLUB

While in Alabama, I visited a reading club who call themselves the Same Sweet Girls. Don't you love that name? But the women lived up to it. They were very warm and welcoming. Not to mention delightful and lovely. And of course, anyone who reads is intelligent by default!

We met in a beautiful house, with a fish tank built into the mantel above the fireplace--I wish I'd asked how  she managed to clean it because it looked like it was inserted into a frame made just for the aquarium--and a gorgeous view of a lake. They offered wine and nibbles, of course; all gracious people offer wine and nibbles! And they were kind enough to act interested in my hardback mystery TAXED TO THE MAX, even though I'm sure their tastes run to more literary stuff than my light mystery.

All in all, I had a great time. I have a picture, but I hesitate to post it on my blog since someone might not want to be seen with me. So I'm posting my book cover instead. You'll just have to imagine several beautiful women facing the camera with one nerd in the middle and that'll be us!


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had fun!

    There'd have to be a way into the aquarium... maybe from behind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a very good time! And yep, gotta be a way. Don't know what was behind the fireplace but...

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!