Tuesday, January 22, 2013

MAILINGS

Well, this morning we mailed out a hundred and fifty-eight first chapters of  TAXED TO THE MAX, my light mystery hardback. There should have been a hundred and fifty-nine--the number of tax commissioners in Georgia--but evidently we lost one somewhere.

Don't know where we lost it or how we lost it. We had 159 first chapters, a label for each county, and we put them together and stuffed them into a box. We took it to the post office, got a hundred sixty stamps, put them on and had two stamps left over instead of one.

So I counted the chapters and yep, there were only a hundred fifty-eight first chapters.

I hate it when things like that happen!


8 comments:

  1. And their destinations in the state? I've not heard of sending off single chapters by mail...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mystery's about a tax commissioner in Georgia so I sent one to each tax commissioner's office. Got one reply so far that she loved the chapter and intended to get the book!

      We made up a little booklet, with the cover the same as the book, a blurb on the back and the chapter inside. My guy is handy with that kind of stuff, thank goodness!

      Delete
  2. Of course, the missing chapter went to that very same place the socks from the dryer go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...As it turns out, yesterday I found the missing booklet where someone had laid it on our stairs. It was kind of damp but otherwise okay so we're mailing it out tomorrow. Don't know where it had been but guess it decided to come home!

      Delete
  3. I work at a tax commissioner's office here in Georgia, and I just read your excerpt this morning. It is GREAT! You sure do know your stuff when it comes to the inner workings of the tax/tag world! I would be interested in obtaining an autographed copy. Could you please tell me how to go about doing that? Oh, by the way, I thing the earrings giveaway is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous! Glad you enjoyed the chapter. I bet like me, you're astonished at all the things people do when they're buying tags or paying taxes!

      Where are you located in GA? We travel the state frequently and it's possible I might be in your area.

      And you are entered in the drawing! I'll name the winner on my first February blog.

      Delete
  4. Hi Cheryl! Thanks for entering me in the drawing! I will send you an email to your hotmail account with the subject Anonymous with my location. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!