Saturday, January 21, 2012

FINAL GALLEYS

So I got the final galleys for THE MAN IN THE BOAT this past week. As I'm going through them with a fine tooth comb since this is the very last chance to correct typos or other simple mistakes (e.g., the hero was working in clay, then marble, then clay again for the same piece), I notice awkward phrases, unnecessary words, and other stuff I'm always telling other people not to do.

How can this happen? I ask myself. I had a copy editor and a line editor. They went through it, sent me corrections, I sent it back, they went through it again, sent it back to me, I sent it back to them... Altogether the three of us went through the blooming manuscript eight or more times!

I guess the truth is, there are always things we could do better. Anyway, the galley corrections are now in. I'm still waiting on my cover art though. I'm anxious to see what it looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!