Sunday, May 16, 2010

Future Plans

As the six year old spending the weekend with me went to sleep, she confided her plans for the future. "When I grow up, I'm going to tell everybody what to do."

"Uh huh." She's seen too many princess movies.

"Yep, everybody's going to do what I tell them. I'll be head of everybody, men, women and children, when I grow up."

"Uh huh." Maybe she's read too many books about kings.

"And I won't let anybody hurt any animals. Not ever. They can't ever hurt them. Yep, I'm going to tell everybody what to do."

This kid has ambitions. Laudable ambitions. I'm thinking president?

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing is everyone has a boss, the president has people to answer to as do royalty.

    I think this is typical because when you're a kid all you hear is everyone aroudn you telling you what to do: don't touch, eat this, wear that, mind your manners, go to bed...

    I think your response to her was perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!