Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Agatha Raisin

Several years ago I picked up an Agatha Raisin mystery by M.C. Beaton. I didn't like it at all.

Then, a month or so ago, I read another one and thought, "This isn't that good but it's something to read." So I got another one, and then another, and boom! I was hooked. Now I've read all of them I can find.

Not sure why I like her. She's a fiftyish, man-mad woman who's cranky and unethical - she passes off storebought jams for her own at village festivals and tries to marry again while her first husband is still alive. She's also waspish to her friends and the writing isn't all that great. But for some reason, I continue to look for adventures I haven't read.

Maybe as I age, my tastes are changing?

2 comments:

  1. It's like Girl Scout Cookies. I know they aren't good for me, they're overpriced, and seldomly available but when I see them on display at the mall I swoop down like a vulture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Agatha Raisin series! Granted this was before I started writing, but they're darn funny cozies. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!