Sunday, May 23, 2010

Old Friends

What's the old saying? Old friends are the best ones?

That's old as in an old friendship, not people who are old.

I think it's true. New friends see your good side and don't realize you can be an opinionated grouch. But those friends who've hung around with you for years and years know all about your crabbiness. Also your ambitions, fears, idiosyncrasies and family problems.

But there's no question of blackmail. You know all that about them, too.

So here's to you, all my old friends! May we continue to be old friends forever.

2 comments:

  1. I remember in Girl Scouts "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold"

    I love my long established friendships, but there's always the thrill of meeting and getting to know someone new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This old friend is glad you started this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!