Saturday, April 23, 2016

HOUSEWORK IS THE PITS

Housework is definitely the pits. Anyone trying to keep a (fairly) clean house knows this is true. No sooner do you get one chore done than it has to be repeated.

Clean the bathroom? Next week--okay, two weeks later--it has to be done again. Mop the kitchen? Two days--okay, a week later--it has to be done again. Vacuum? Next week--okay, three weeks later--it has to be done again! It's like those washing instructions to get out nasty stains: soap up, rinse and repeat. And repeat. And repeat.

What brought this up was the top of my refrigerator. My guy, with his long arms, reached up into the cabinet over it and got a pitcher down I needed. When I went to put it away, I had to get a stool. And once up in the air, what did I find? Fuzzy stuff all over the fridge top!

I couldn't believe it! I had just cleaned it when we moved into this house.

Then I realized we moved in three years ago.

So I got my paper towels and scrubbed off the dust and washed the top and got it clean again. Bet if I'd remember to do this every month, it wouldn't get as dirty.

And since gardening is on my same list (To Do As Seldom As Possible) as housekeeping, I will take this time to thank the previous owner who planted and tended all these lovely amaryllis that show up each spring. If he hadn't been such an avid gardener, we'd have had no pretty plants at all. Thank you, Mr. McGoogan!!!



3 comments:

  1. Those flowers certainly are a pretty sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, really I do you clean up and then you need
    to start all over again ! Honestly what is with that ?
    Love you yard so beautiful.

    cheers, parsnip and thehamish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!