Friday, March 29, 2013

PAINT

I've been looking at paint. I know today's colors are rich and bold and vivid, that pastel is out. But I like light colors and luckily so does my guy. (He's learned from living with me!)

Today we got a sample of pale, pale gray I want to use throughout the living room, dining and kitchen areas. My guy is obligingly painting a wall with it this afternoon so we can see what it looks like. At least I hope he is. He finally got all the tiny little shelves down. To his horror, they were glued to the wall so part of the sheetrock peeled off that he now has to fix.

Yesterday the plumber spent all afternoon wrestling the old hot water heater out of the attic. Oh, and it seems the attic stairs are only wide enough to get a skinny water heater replacement. It's on order and should be here next Friday. Since the flooring was kind of bending under the weight of the old one, we're having to reinforce that, too.

The dishwasher's sitting out in the middle of the floor because it wasn't level and needs to be fastened in securely. He's got to put down some plywood and a block of wood in the back. Or something like that. I don't understand these things. Luckily, he does.

He's also getting bids on painting, roofing, replacing fascia, tile, carpet and wood flooring... The cats and I are staying in our condo where it's nice and cozy, though I occasionally run over to look at carpet or take him a sandwich.

The cats have no idea, heh heh heh. They think they're settled for life.




8 comments:

  1. There's a lot to be said for pale shades. For one thing, they make rooms look bigger. And dove gray, sand beige and eggshell white go with just about everything so you don't have to repaint if you change colors of furniture, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is a big fan of neutral shades. Since our house is gray trim on the outside, we're carrying it over to the inside. We've tried some samples and a pale gray against white woodwork seems to work for both of us.

      Although one bathroom will be pale lavender, one bedroom will be pale aqua and one bedroom... yet to be decided. Everything else pale gray.

      Delete
  2. The pale gray with white trim is always a good choice. lavender room is inspired! I'm not sure about the aqua--they may be on the opposite sides of the color wheel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The aqua will be a bedroom across the house. It's really, really pale and will go nicely with the beachy looking spreads I'm using. The other bedroom with it, I'm not so sure about. It'll be gray for the time being, till I see what color comforter we'll use.

      Delete
  3. I hope you bought that house for $25.00.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ri-ight. We did get a deal in it though so we're pretty happy. If we can get the condo and lake lot sold, we'll be in pretty good shape. At least, able to live within our means, maybe!!!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!