Saturday, March 16, 2013

NO CLOSING

We were supposed to close on our house yesterday but naturally it got put off till next week. So my dreams are back.

Last night I was in Italy, touring the countryside, eating all kinds of good food, looking at villas overlooking vineyards. And speaking Italian.

I don't know Italian. Well, other than stuff like arriverderci and ciao. I did have one of those 'Learn Italian at Home' kits when I was growing up, but that's been a long time ago and I'm afraid I never really applied myself. So I'm not sure where all the Italian phrases I was spouting in my dream came from.

And I must have been muttering in my sleep, because the cats gave me strange looks when I got up this morning, and they keep scuttling away like they're scared they're gonna become Italian cats.

I think I'll let them keep thinking it's a possibility. Keeps them from underfoot.

6 comments:

  1. I took several languages in college. It's been years since I used any of them, but one day I clicked for the Spanish version on a customer service call by mistake and was surprised at how easily it came back to me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll call on you if I ever dream about Spain!

      Delete
  2. I think this is really funny. I didn't know you'd moved to Italy, even if it was in your dreams. Sorry the house is so elusive. I hope you love it when you get there and turn it into an Italian Villa on the SSI Rivera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never wanted to move to Italy! We have closed, finally, and it will definitely not be a villa!

      Delete
  3. The only Italian I know, aside from the very basic, are curse words. Benefits of once working alongside a retired merchent ship captain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, William! You surprise me! I'd never have thought it of you!

      It'll come in handy when you write an Italian merchant ship thriller though!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!