Thursday, December 13, 2012

ANOTHER FUNERAL

Well, another beloved relative died this past week, one day before her 98th birthday. Aunt Sara was soft-spoken, kind, and the kind of woman who's easy to be around. We're leaving tomorrow, going up to Atlanta for her funeral where she'll be laid beside her daughter who died way too young.

This has been a really bad year for deaths of people close to us. I hope next year will be better. Otherwise, people may start lopping us off the friends list!

And of course, the cats have spotted the suitcases and are beginning to show signs of displeasure. They'll be expecting extra wet food to make up for our absence. We'll have to leave the heat turned up for them, too, because they hate cold, and the temperature today didn't break fifty. A big change from the seventies we were enjoying two days ago.

But it always happens when we have to travel. At least snow isn't predicted where we're heading.

Now I'll finish packing. If I can get this clingy cat off my foot...


4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. It's back up to 60 today in Oklahoma. I like the cold if I can stay inside and NEVER have to wear a coat. Safe travels for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss.

    The cats can, of course, be left to their own devices for a few days... just hide the catnip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in my prayers, Cheryl. It's a long list tonight.

    I feel for your cats, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ShaRhonda, I like it between hot and cold. Just right!

    Thanks, William. No catnip for these two!

    Thanks, Norma. The cats are crybabies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!