Saturday, August 12, 2017


We're so excited! Our new grill, lost in the ether somewhere, finally showed up!

Lowe's didn't have in stock the one my guy wanted, and so they ordered it. The grill department guy said they had four in Norcross and one would be shipped to our store within a week. Then they would put it together and call us so we could take it home.

Didn't quite work out as planned. After checking the day it was supposed to show up, we found Lowe's couldn't find it had been shipped. But no worries, the cheery woman in customer service said. She'd put in a note and when it showed up, they'd call.

A few days later, no phone call. We checked in again. A young man looked at the computer and shook his head. We needed to talk to the man in charge of that department. So we waited around for twenty or thirty minutes till we got to talk to him. He looked at the computer screen, thumped some keys, and shook his head. He didn't understand what was taking so long. It was ordered though. Definitely. When it came, they'd call.

We waited a few more days and checked in again. The young man in customer service we'd talked to previously, remembered us. (By this time, we'd dealt with him several more times, returning wrong sized blinds and also a ceiling fan with a clacking noise in the factory assembled part. That's besides us going in and asking where our rug was Lowe's had ordered. Of course, he remembered us!) He checked his computer again re the grill. Then he called an older gentleman over. This guy looked at the computer and shook his head. But...

"It looks like the order was put in wrong," the older guy said. He fiddled around on the keyboard, said the order was fixed and the grill should be in and get assembled shortly. They would call us.

Uh huh.

A few days later, we returned. A pleasant woman checked on the computer and frowned. Then she got someone else to check. This gentleman said the grill was supposed to be in the store but he couldn't find a inventory record of it. He went to the back to physically check and see if it was actually in the store. Some time later he came back with another man who explained: "The data saying the grill was in the store, really meant the grill has been ASSIGNED to the store." It was on its way, he said optimistically. And they'd call.

Sure enough, the next afternoon, we got a call from Brian. The grill was in and ready for pick-up! Brian had personally attended to assembling it.

I get the impression they never want to see us again.

But never mind. Soon my guy will be cooking!


  1. Customer service: an oxymoron if ever there was one.

    1. The people were very pleasant. It just seemed nothing could get done!

  2. Replies
    1. I can't complain about the employees. They tried their best!


Thanks for commenting!