Saturday, February 4, 2017

ONE MORE POST ON THE MARCH

After this one, I'll be through!

But I've seen some snitty articles and ugly pictures about the Womens March on Washington from conservative sites. My experience was nothing like what they wrote about and/or portrayed. Yes, there were signs some people might have considered obscene but most were not. Just simple thoughts made by people expressing their views. No violence on the march. Not a lot of hate. Some humor. Some pleas for sensible government. Everyone had their own opinion.

Here are some of them:

Like "I Voted"

And Trump compared to ringworm:


And various ones like "Super Callous Fragile Racist Extra Braggadocious" and "Save Our H(ealth)care - Obamacare Saved Me" and "NO!"


I like this one: "I MARCH BCUZ IM TOO DAMN OLD TO LEARN RUSSIAN"


And this one: "Women are like Cats - Will do as they please"


But the one I liked best, I didn't get a picture of. It featured an old-fashioned switchboard operator with her ear plugs in, saying: "Hello 1955? Please hold for the GOP" Some of the truest words there!

If anyone tries to tell you how disgusting and violent our march was, don't believe them. They're just parroting some of those "alternative facts" the con people in the White House seem so fond of spouting.























6 comments:

  1. Got a big laugh from the poster with Putin wearing an "I Voted" sticker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd laugh harder if I weren't so afraid it was true!

      Delete
  2. The GOP would love to set things back to 1955, or earlier. It is good that so many people came out for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so many were like me. Never protested, never been an activist. Just cast our vote and hoped for the best. Now we see that won't work. We'll have to speak up.

      Delete
  3. Hate on both sides.
    We had a great march here. Son marched for his sister. I would have marched but unless I was on a scooter (that is my next stop) I couldn't do it.

    Good thing you don't live in a border flyover state like I do.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for Son. Can't tell you how much I admired the lady on her walker who was sick several times on the bus back home. She shouldn't have come out but she was determined. Better, I think, to support however you can rather than risk your health!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!