Saturday, August 27, 2016

CANADA SENDS 1500 AMERICANS HOME

So I was reading the news last week and saw the headline: 1500 Americans Wash Up In Canada!

Hmmm, I think. Have the (fill in the blank with Trump or Hillary) ______ supporters decided their candidate is losing this far in advance of November? After all, what other reason could Americans have to brave the waters to get to Canada?

Reading on, the truth emerged. The people were engaging in an annual floating event in Michigan when high winds caught them and pushed them--yes, forced them--to the Canadian side of the St. Clair river.

Likely story. I'll bet they took advantage of the annual flotilla to hightail it out of the country.

In any event, they didn't get to claim asylum in Canada. These Canadians were on the ball, and the raft people were quickly met and deported.

Guess the (fill in the blank with Trump or Hillary) ______ supporters will have to think of a better excuse next time they try sneaking out of the country!


Having to spend all that money rescuing fleeing Americans did not endear us to Canada, I'm sure!

6 comments:

  1. I read this and just thought it was so funny and so American. What a bunch of yahoo's.
    I thought that William could make a great post with this and our favorite Mountie.

    cheers, parsnip and thehamish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see Lars sending them all packing!

      I heard one Canadian saying (on TV), "There were Americans everywhere!" And none of them had requested asylum....

      Delete
    2. OMG ! That is so funny.
      I think I might be requesting asylum in either Canada or Japan.

      Delete
    3. Norma, I thought of Lars, too! As for requesting asylum...they'll probably have to sneak inlike other illegal immigrants!

      Parsnic, maybe you'll have better luck in Japan!

      Delete
  2. It's a dress rehearsal for November just in case Herr TrumpenCombover wins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!