Saturday, June 4, 2016

BEACH WALK

The tourists have thinned out a little. Not much, but if we go to the beach early, it isn't crowded.

Our beach has changed a lot during the past ten years. Here we're standing on the beach looking back toward the shore. This beach used to be a sandbar that was unaccessible at high tide. Now it's connected all the time, with several large tidal pools at low tide as seen below.



Where once the river flowed between the sandbar and the beach and back to the sea, has now become the tidal pools. This is the end of the river. If you could walk to the left, you'd come over to the houses.




As I said, a few people were out, including this paddle-boarder.

And a guy playing with his dogs.




And this bird. I don't know what it is but I'm sure someone does. He reminded me of a sandpiper except bigger.

He was a cutie, running in and out of the waves!















6 comments:

  1. The dogs must be used to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably! Seems half the people on the island have dogs!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post today, just what I needed !
    I miss living at the beach so much. The salty fresh air is just the best.

    cheers, parsnip and thehamish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beach! I wish I lived near one....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess it's kind of hard to get to one when you live in the middle of the country!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!