Saturday, November 21, 2015

TINY DISASTERS

We've had a strange year. Unexpected things keep happening.

The first of the year, we lost one cat and soon after, the other. Then I had a broken tooth that had to be crowned. Then the transmission of my car broke and needed replacing. Then both cars needed new tires. The plumber had to come because the toilet tank would ony fill when the bathroom sink faucet was turned on. We got a rat in our bird feeder and had to take them down. My eyes started acting up again.

The first of this month, my guy's old car started having problems just before a trip to north Georgia. At thirteen, I guess it had good reason to fall apart. I wish it could have waited another year but...So we bought a car.

Then the back bedroom sprung a leak after a record rainfall that had streets impassable and the backyard flooded. Then our door from the garage to the house decided it didn't want to be opened. My guy took off the door knob but the lock wouldn't come out. The door didn't budge. The locksmith fortunately had tools and said, yep, the mechanism was broken but the knob was okay. So he replaced the innards.

Finally, up in north Georgia, waiting in the eye doctor's office seven hours from home, the lights went out. We sat there two or three hours, refusing to leave since we'd have to reschedule and make another trip. Luckily, the lights did come back on and several people had left so we were able to get out about dark.

None of these things were terrible calamities but when they just keep coming, I can't help but wonder if I'm living wrong! I'm hoping next year will be better.

And the back bedroom still has a trashcan under the hole in the ceiling for water to drain. We've not yet been able to get anyone in to check out the leak.

Sigh.

6 comments:

  1. We've had our share of disasters, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness !
    What a mess. Each one is not that bad, except for the loving cats so sorry (I am still so sad over Watson) but all together it is a huge mess.
    I am worried about your eyes. I hope they do have to sand (?) them.
    Hope December is so much better for you.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still missing my cats, too, Parsnip. I keep seeing one slinking by out of the corner of my eye, or feeling something brush against my ankles!

      As for my eyes, the cornea transplantshould help..

      Delete
  3. If it's not one thing, it's another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I wasn't banned from FB like some people!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!