Sunday, June 14, 2015

OUR SCHEDULE

My cat likes to stick to a schedule. She wakes us up somewhere between 6:15 and 6:45 every morning, meowing in my face. She looks like this:



If I don't get up, she waits patiently. For about five minutes. Then she pat-pat-pats my face and meows some more. Loudly.

I get up, feed her the food, give her fresh dry food and water, and clean her box, By then she's ready to nap. She sits quietly in the bedroom, waiting for us to make the bed up. Again, she's very patient. Unless we don't get it made up in a few minutes. Then she climbs back in and we have to move her to make it up which she doesn't like and so she protests pretty noisily.

Lunch, she strolls out as we're eating. I have to feed her wet food again. Otherwise, she stays underfoot till I do.

After lunch, she waits beside the bed to see if I'm going to take a nap. If I don't, she takes one by herself.

For supper, she starts demanding food early. I have to feed her before we eat. Lately, we've been giving her the steroid (tiny dose!) after supper and then giving her some of what we ate as a treat. She loves my guy's grilled stuff: pork chops, steaks, chicken, fish... I must admit, he's an expert griller! That might be why she doesn't eat so much of her cat food.

Then it's TV time. If we don't go toward the den, she stands in the door and looks at us expectantly. Once we sit down, she meows to be picked up and placed on the sofa between us. This is when she gets brushed. When she's had enough of that, she cuddles up with my guy. Strangely, only when we watch TV does she want to be with him. She follows me around the rest of the time.

When it's time to go to bed, she leads the way, looking back to make sure I'm following her. She sleeps by my feet, sometimes so quietly I don't know she's down there.

Until morning when it starts up again.

She gets upset when we do something different. I guess because she's getting old and set in her ways. And of course, we just do what she wants. It's easier that way.

I'm just glad she's stopped yowling in the middle of the night.

6 comments:

  1. What a great post.
    I adore your kitty !
    Plus the morning pat pat pat.
    I have been thinking of doing "A Day In The Life Of Square Ones" with many photos.
    We keep to a schedule because of Watson's dementia and all the shots, pills and eye drops I have to give thehamish.

    By the way how are your eyes ? I hope they are doing better.
    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a "Square Ones' Day" would be good!

      And my eyes are okay, thanks for asking. I go back next month to decide between a lens and cornea transplant. Neither sounds great!

      Delete
  2. She sounds like a delightful kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like she has you well trained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, it's easier doing what she wants!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!