Tuesday, March 3, 2015

WITH A SONG IN MY HEAD

I bet everyone's had a song stuck in their head. Mine is "All About That Bass" and it's been driving me crazy since before Thanksgiving.

I first heard it when I saw a version by strings and a prim singer, as it would have been done in the thirties. It was catchy, so I looked for the original by Meghan Trainor, Then copycats started singing their versions. Then parodies started showing up: "All About That Baste" (with a turkey) and another version by NASA interns, and a version for moms: "I Also Need Some Space" and a bunch more.

Now it's March and I still find myself humming that darned tune! I can't take this much longer. I simply have to find another song to rattle my brains.

Not "Let It Go" though.

No.

4 comments:

  1. I think it would be a very bad idea to look that song up on Youtube. It might get stuck in my ears.

    The story goes that to get rid of one earworm, a single song stands out as the best cure: Rio, by Duran Duran. Of course, then you'll have that one stuck in your head all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll stick with the devil I know.

      Delete
  2. It wouldn't be. I hate that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one? I'm a little tired of both!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!