Tuesday, September 23, 2014

TRAVELS

We've been traveling again. Had a family reunion up in north Georgia and made a trip out of it. While we rode through some of the small towns, my guy took some pix of county courthouses.

My light mystery, TAXED TO THE MAX, features a courthouse murder. When I get the ebook rights next year, I plan to self-publish. My talented guy has been learning to do covers so I'm excited that he'll be using one of his photos for it.

Here are a couple he took on this trip. The first is in Washington, Wilkes County, GA. Built in 1904, the top part was destroyed by fire in 1958. Repairs gave it a flat roof and allowed it to be used until an approximate restoration of the top portion was done in 1989. The original clock tower was taller.



And this one in Lexington, Oglethorpe County, GA was constructed in 1887. It is the oldest Romanesque Revival style courthouse in Georgia :






4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Norma! My guy is really good with his camera!

      Delete
  2. Quite a contrast in those courthouses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the different courthouses in the state, especially the old ones that have survived!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!