Wednesday, July 30, 2014

NEW USE FOR CAT POOP

A blog about forensics led me to this interesting article.

 http://www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/16065/20140716/parasite-discovered-cat-poop-combat-cancer.htm

What is says basically is that there's a parasite in cats' intestines that stimulates the body response in a person similar to the one that fights cancer! Normally the cancer shuts down the immune response, but this parasite (which can be found in cat poop) might actually jump start a stronger defense! (They're testing the resulting drug now, ironically, in mouse models.)

I'm impressed.

And all this time, I thought my cats were full of hot air when they proclaimed themselves superior beings. Guess I'll have to apologize. And treat their litter with more respect.

And speaking of litter:  Here's Roz giving me the evil eye because her box isn't clean.

2 comments:

  1. Roz is one pretty kitty!

    Cat poop, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear... the things we get to looking for!

    Roz, are you a sweetie or are you a sweetie?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!