Thursday, September 19, 2013

BRIDGE

I think I mentioned in an earlier blog that our new house was near the Bridge Center. Took me weeks to realize it meant 'bridge' as in the card game and not 'bridge' as in the Golden Gate and other bridges. In fact, I only discovered it when we went by one day and saw cars parked on the road with signs directing people to where the tournament was being played.

Naturally, the Bridge Center being so close to us and all, when an ad came out for beginning bridge lessons, I signed me and my guy up. Despite his rather vocal protests.

Good for the brain, I told myself. A chance to socialize and meet new people, I told myself. One day a week for two hours can't be that bad.

We have gone to two lessons now and his protests are fading. As for me, I must have been out of my mind.

There are rules in bridge. Me being the tell-me-I-must-do-something-and-I'll-immediately-do-the-opposite kind of person I am, discovering this has been a big shock.

And you have to remember things. Counting points is fine, but figuring out what to do with them...

I can't very well quit if he doesn't though. Not after I forced him to go.


2 comments:

Thanks for commenting!