Thursday, June 6, 2013

HAIRCUTS

Went two or three weeks ago and got my hair cut. I'd wanted to let it grow out, but with summer's arrival, I changed my mind. So it got gone. Short all over but not in any style I recognized. A strand on one side curled up. A strand on the other side waved back to the mirror. My cowlick in the back stood straight up. Pretty discouraging.

So yesterday, I thought: Time for a change.

My beauty salon was crowded so I went up to the barber shop; they advertise family cuts so why not? Went in and asked, "Can I get a haircut?"

The lady said, "Sure. Step right back here."

Now I really look like Mark Harmon.

Do we ever get the haircut we want?

4 comments:

  1. The eleventh commandment: thou must show a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Showing a picture doesn't always work. I always end up with the hair in the back being longer than I want it, even with an otherwise good cut. I finally resorted to cutting the back myself. Even though I can't see it, I get it closer to what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...cardinal rule: stick with the stylist that knows your hair--all those quirky little things like cowlicks, hair that grows at different angles than the rest...! I've had the same lady cutting my hair for sooo long that I walk in and give her general instructions (whether I choose short or long or something in between) and love what she does each time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. William, My hair doesn't conform to a picture's cut. It goes its own way.

    Norma, You're mighty brave to cut the back yourself!

    Debra, If I could find a stylist willing to learn my hair, I'd for sure stick with her! So far the only ones I've found seem to quit and leave town. Surely not my influence????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!