Friday, July 27, 2012

FEELING DOWN

While waiting for details of my critique partner's interment, we received word an aunt had died unexpectedly. We ended up leaving immediately after Nan's services on Tuesday for her funeral in north Georgia on Wednesday.

We're back on the island now, and somewhat recovered from the trip, but I can't help contemplating my own mortality. I'm sure everyone does this from time to time, especially after sad occasions like these, but for some reason this week hit me especially hard.


I know I'm making a greater effort to enjoy friends and family while I can. I hope every one of you will, too.

6 comments:

  1. The problem is living includes dying. We want the good part but not the bad. Maybe it's easier for those of us who feel a spiritual tie to the whole life experience. Dying can be more acceptable for those who feel they'll be received by their loved ones who died before them. As we get older we lose more people we love and it becomes more important to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a selfish thing! We don't want to lose those we love, even when they're out of their suffering here.

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping you have found some place to put these deaths in the back of your mind. So sorry you've been hit with tragedy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melody!

      Actually we've had company to entertain the past few days. They've gone, we're exhausted but very content after having seen them!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks William. Seems these things always come in threes so now I'm waiting. My boy cat isn't doing so well...

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!