Saturday, December 24, 2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS OR HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

My Christmas tree is not a pretty tree. In fact, I call it my artificial Charlie Brown tree because iff you look at it from a certain angle, you can see right through it. I prefer thick and bushy pines or cedars. But it's the idea of a yule tree that's important, right?



Another tradition is Opus. I've had him for years now, and he always drags out his antlers and ornaments to make me feel good.



Also, my Christmas clock! How I enjoy it as it chimes our a carol on the hour! (I do have to cut off the sound at night; my guy objects.)



These are some of my favorite things to look at as I listen to Christmas music. And in this season, I'm not particular what people say to me in passing. I may be used to "Merry Christmas" but I'm always glad to get a "Happy Hanukkah!" or "Happy Holidays!" as well. As long as the wisher is pleasant and smiling, I'm okay with whatever greeting I get. It's the thought that counts.

So here's wishing you Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Kwanzaa, Happy Winter Solstice, and the ever-appropriate, Happy Holidays! May you all have an enjoyable respite from the daily grind and use the joy of the season to carry you through to the spring.

6 comments:

  1. Love your tree. Every tree is wonderful at Christmas.
    I say Merry Christmas to everyone. If they want to wish me something different like you I am happy to have them say what they want to wish me.
    After all it is the wish behind the words, it not some PC police telling what can or I can't say.
    I hope you enjoy your Holiday ! Do you get snow ?

    cheers, gayle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the feeling of good will should count for everything in the varied greetings! And no, we don't get snow down here!

      Delete
  2. I love your tree! Our tree is very small, just 3', but it has a history with us that made Collin and I agree to keep it, no matter what.

    I'm like Gayle. I just always say Merry Christmas. Growing up in the Midwest in the '60s, I wasn't even aware there were other holidays in December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. History trumps looks anytime! I cry when an ornament gets so old it falls apart and can't be fixed!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!