Friday, December 11, 2015

CANDY

I don't cook except for making candy. I make the old-fashioned kind. Like fudge:


And divinity:


And pralines:


And my favorite that my mother used to make when I was a kid, peanut butter candy:



Tomorrow I get to cut them and parcel them out. It's hard to know who eats candy and who doesn't nowadays but I've never had anyone refuse it. My petsitter gets a package and also the vet's office for their loving care of my sweet cats. Then my critique partners and some other friends.

I try to give it all away--yes, I do, I really do!--but somehow there always seem to be a few pieces left over.

Guess they'll take care of those pounds I've struggled to lose.

8 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness, this all looks so good.
    I like fudge but not much of a chocolate person but I love divinity and pralines.
    What a wonderful gift.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife loved the pralines especially.

      Delete
    2. Divinity is my favorite, too, Parsnip!

      Delete
    3. Win, I'm glad she liked the pralines!

      Delete
  2. All of it looks good--and I do love chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!