Thursday, August 29, 2013

WEDDING

I was fortunate enough to be present when a young couple exchanged vows in front of the old courthouse on the mainland. They fell in love on our island and wanted to marry down here so they eloped -- kind of. Relatives and friends knew they were going to do it but since they've thought about it for years, no one was really sure what would happen.

It was a gorgeous day, not too hot but sunny. When the probate judge came out of her office, the bride chose the patio surrounding the stone-walled planter for the ceremony. There, under the magnificent oaks dripping spanish moss, the bride and groom said their vows as their daughter watched.

The bride was beautiful, the groom handsome and the little girl an absolute doll.



Oh, and before the ceremony, we had to have an obligatory whale picture of little Miss Julia!



A shame they couldn't stay with us longer, but pre-K awaits the little one and a cruise awaits the honeymooners.

All good wishes go with them. May the rest of their life go as smoothly as the ceremony.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Phone shot! My guy took the really, really great shots but I can't transfer them to my computer!

      Delete
  2. I love outdoor weddings--my perfect wedding would be the one at the end of Runaway Bride--autumn leaves, horses, small group of guests....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they saved about $10,000 on the ceremony and spent it on the cruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the money not spent on the cruise is going for a nice reception later at home (north GA)! I think they're pretty smart.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!