Thoughts, opinions, an occasional book mention, and anecdotes of life.
Sunday, November 23, 2014
BANANAS
On our walk some days, we go by this house. I've been wanting a banana tree since we moved down here, but didn't know they really would produce bananas!
Hope this bunch got picked before the cold weather last week!
I used to see a lot of banana trees while living in Ghana, and there are different types of bananas. I even saw one that had red skin! Nice to have one in your backyard so you could just pick one when you are hungry. Hope it grows well for you. Take care!
I'd love to see a red banana! Unfortunately, this one isn't in my back yard. I'm hoping to get one, though! Just have to talk someone into planting one for me!
I of course have not seen bananas (in my memory, anyway) growing. Nice shot!
ReplyDeleteTaken with my phone!
DeleteI wish we had a banana tree--we love bananas!
ReplyDeleteI'm agitating for one!
DeleteFunny the way they grow up.
ReplyDeleteI too love bananas.
cheers, parsnip
My guy eats one every morning. I'm just not sure one tree would produce enough to feed him!
DeleteI used to see a lot of banana trees while living in Ghana, and there are different types of bananas. I even saw one that had red skin! Nice to have one in your backyard so you could just pick one when you are hungry. Hope it grows well for you. Take care!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to see a red banana! Unfortunately, this one isn't in my back yard. I'm hoping to get one, though! Just have to talk someone into planting one for me!
Delete