I've asked this before but no one seems to know the answer. I guess I'll have to bestir myself and take some to the local garden club or something if no one recognizes these flowers.
These flowers are so thick, I thought this was a bush last year. But over the winter they died down to some flower stems. Nearly this entire space was bare. Below are a couple of closeups of the blossoms.
Anybody with any idea of what they are? I like them and sure would like to put a name to them!



I don't have the answer, either--but they sure are pretty!
ReplyDeleteNo idea, but they're lovely!
ReplyDeleteHi Cheryl, just popped over from Williams blog.. I'm almost 100% sure your flowers here are called Blue Plumbago.., they make a fabulous hedge when flowering, bit messy though.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Perth! I do believe you've hit on it!
DeleteI'm thinking plumbago, too, though I haven't double checked in my trusty Sunset Garden book...
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kay! I checked some sources and the description fits, especially the "thrives in hot humid climates" which is what we have!
Delete