Having relatives next week and had left-over whole milk from the last set of relatives. So I decided to make a banana pudding using Granny's recipe. Or rather, Granny's recipe as written down while watching her throw in a teacup of this and a heaping spoon of that and guessing at this...
Naturally, mine did not turn out as well as hers.
Could it be I forgot the vanilla flavoring in the pudding part? Hmmmm?
That would do it, I'd imagine.
ReplyDeleteIt never tastes quite as good as what Mom or Grandma could make, does it?
Nope!
DeleteI got desperate for custard, had no vanilla. Used Mapelene (not much) and was pleasently surprised. Or maybe just more desperate than I thought?
ReplyDeleteCustard can come as cream brulee, eggy pudding, baked or stirred--fried? I'd eat it.
Mapelene, eh? Is that like Aunt Jemima's Pancake syrup? That's about as exotic as my pantry holds.
DeleteDesperation I understand. I keep candy frozen just for those instances. Ever tried to munch on a frozen Snickers bar?