Saturday, January 14, 2017

NEW RADIO

Hard to find a clock-radio anymore. Our old one started getting staticky (I listen to the local oldie radio station when I'm at my computer) and we decided it was time for a new one.

We looked at Walmart last time we needed one and found little choice there. That's how we ended up with the staticky one. So this time, we went to Best Buy.

They did have three or four brands, thank goodness. We asked the salesman which he suggested. He pointed one out. A Sony. When I saw another just like it but a little more expensive, I asked, "What's the difference?"

"This one projects the time on the ceiling or wall," he told me.

"We don't need that," my guy said.

"On the ceiling?" I asked, entranced.

So we bought it. And I love it. No more does my guy have to sit halfway up in bed and lean over me to look at the clock. We can wake up, glance up at the ceiling and Voila!



And the sound is pretty good, too.

So if you're old-fashioned enough to want a clock-radio, I recommend this one!


6 comments:

  1. Adore your new clock. The design is is very striking plus I like the big numbers.
    Always wanted to know about the time on the ceiling if anyone really used it and now I know.

    Fun post today.
    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine that would take a bit of time getting used to, seeing the time projected on a ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. The red light is so dim you can't see it until you open your eyes and look for it. Doesn't give you sudden light syndrome at all!

      Delete
  3. I've seen these. They're really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd seen them, too, but having one is great!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!