Saturday, July 30, 2016

JULIETTE, GEORGIA

Going up to Atlanta to have stitches taken out of my eye, we stopped by Juliette.

No, not as in Romeo and Juliet. The town Juliette. You know! The place where they filmed Fried Green Tomatoes.

I must confess I never saw the entire movie, but the town--more like a wide place in the road--seems to still be a draw. Even though we were there on a Thursday, a few tourists hung around looking at the stores (all 6-8- of them!) of which only one gift shop was open.


The restaurant was also open. In fact, the Whistle Stop Cafe was busy despite it being two thirty in the afternoon.


One booth was open and I slid in. While my guy was off taking photographs*, I ate...What else? Fried green tomatoes!


In front of the stores, we came upon some guinea hens, pecking away at their food. They weren't skittish but didn't let us get too close.


There were other buildings that my guy took pix of: a smokehouse, an outhouse, the old bank building, the old mill...Here's the Opry House.


And as we were leaving, guess what came rumbling right by the parking lot of the cafe! A train!


The perfect end to our visit!

*Please don't mistake this photos for any my guy took! These were taken with my phone and he assures me they look like they were taken with a phone!

6 comments:

  1. The town looks suitably quiet and laid back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The town looks sweet and the Fried Green Tomatoes look wonderful.
    Gosh I hope your eyes are ok and you feel fine.

    cheers, parsnip and thehamish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fried green tomatoes, and the town was cute as can be!

      Delete
  3. A lovely little town...and I think I'd like fried green tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've never tried them, you should!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!