Wednesday, November 24, 2010

LOCAL CRIME REPORT

Saw yesterday in the police reports that a woman was arrested for shoplifting food. Sixty-odd dollars worth.

I have no sympathy for people who steal beer, electronics, jewelry and other stuff like that. Give them some hard time to serve.

But food...

While I don't approve of what she did, I can't help but wonder what I'd do if my children were hungry and I had no money and no one -- relatives, friends, charities -- to help. I don't think I'd steal, but on the other hand, I've never had to choose.

Anyway, I'll make extra sure I donate to the food banks in the county this year. I think they need the help more than ever.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, E.Scrooge checking in. I've volunteered at food banks over years and there were plenty of able bodied persons in line who could do *something* to make some bucks for food. Wash windows (hey, anyone, I have a job for you!)Rake leaves (well, blow leaves, who rakes now?) Maybe woman arrested was desparate but maybe it was chips and dip for all we know. I'm just saying....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!